Our Commitment to Responsible Gaming
We want players to have fun and enjoy our products safely, and that's why we're committed to a policy of responsible gaming. While we recognize that the overwhelming majority of our players enjoy gaming responsibly, we also recognize that there is a small portion of the population who do not. Some users may get carried away and risk overspending, and for some people, compulsive gambling becomes a more serious problem.
To protect these people and others who are affected by their behavior, we have established a set of policies and guidelines modeled after the American Gaming Association's Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming. The Code establishes minimum standards that address problem gambling, underage gambling and responsible marketing and advertising.
The information and resources on this page help players like you gamble responsibly. We encourage you to review these pages thoroughly. You are always welcome to reach out with questions or concerns.
Terms & Conditions
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem & wants help, call 1-877-770-7867.
Practical tips to stay in safe limits
Potential Signs of gambling problem
Risks of excessive gambling
While sports betting is not truly as randomized as you see when you play your favorite slot machine, there is an unavoidable element of randomness in sports betting. For instance, you’ll never know when your favorite player will get injured, how the weather will affect your favorite match ups, or if a player will change teams. While there is true randomness in slot machine play (i.e. each outcome is as likely to occur as the last), in sports betting we assign odds to an event. Odds indicate the likelihood of an event to occur and the return you’d get if you were to make a wager on the result of a sport related outcome. While disciplined research and sport expertise certainly add to the skill based nature of sports betting, the exhilarating notion of randomness will always be in play!
Help & Support
- Louisiana Gaming Control Board
- Louisiana Gaming Control Board
7901 Independence Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Louisiana Problem Gambling Help Line
- Support for Gambling Addiction
To help you manage your play in a healthy, responsible way, we offer proactive tools and support including allowing you to manage your play by setting user limits. Limits can be found here, and on the left-side navigation bar and from the Account Page while on a mobile device. Selecting a specific limit will allow you to enable and configure the limit.
- Deposit Limit
- This limit will control the total dollar amount that can be deposited into your account on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis
- Total Wager Limit
- This limit will control the total dollar amount allowed per wager on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis
- Maximum Single Wager Limit
- This limit will control the total dollar amount per line on each wager allowed on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis
- Playing Time Limit
- This limit will control the total playing time permitted on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis
- Reality Check
- You may select an increment of 15, 30, or 45 minutes to be reminded of your session and spending. A reality check of 30 minutes is set by default. This can be adjusted at any time.
- Withdrawal Control
- This limit controls your ability to cancel a withdrawal from your account.
Limits can be adjusted. Decreases to limits (i.e. making a limit more restrictive) take effect immediately. Increases to limits (i.e. making a limit less restrictive) take effect once the existing limit expires. You must reaccept your new limit.
Self-exclusion is a formal process whereby you request through the Louisiana Gaming Control Board that casino operators prevent you from accessing gambling services. You may request a self-exclusion through the Board for a term of one year, five years, or lifetime.
If you choose to self-exclude, we will close your account and return any remaining balance. Once you self-exclude, we cannot reverse the process for any reason, and you may not apply to reopen your account until your self-exclusion has expired. During your self-exclusion period, we will not send you any marketing material, and we cannot accept any deposits or bets and you are forbidden from collecting any winnings, recovering any losses or accepting complimentary gifts or services or any other thing of value from our platform.. Please note that any marketing materials which have already been dispatched may be delivered.
Once your self-exclusion period has expired, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board will remove your name from within 10 days of the expiration, but your account will remain inactive unless you contact us to reactivate it. No other method of contact is permitted for reactivating your account. Once we receive your reactivation request, there is a 24 hour waiting period before we can complete your reactivation. After this 24 hours has passed, your account still will not be reactivated until you contact us again and confirm your request to lift the self-exclusion.
If you'd like to take a break from playing on Barstool Sportsbook, you can do so with a Timeout. Let us know how much time away you need and we'll make sure you cannot access your account until that period is up.
- If you would like us to temporarily prevent you from playing on Barstool, you may request a temporary suspension of 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or 120 days. During your temporary suspension, you will be unable to access your account in any capacity. At the end of the time period you selected, your account will automatically be reopened and you may resume normal use.
- Please contact a Customer Support Representative should you want your funds returned during that period.
- Please note that you cannot reverse your temporary suspension. You must wait until the time period you selected has expired.
- While the temporary suspension is in place, we will not send new marketing offers or incentives, although you may receive materials that have already been dispatched.
If you would like to permanently close your Barstool account, a 24/7 Customer Support Representative can assist you in your request. Select the option below to contact us. Please understand that closing your account is a permanent action.
Should you have a dispute related to the use of Barstool Sportsbook, our Customer Support Department will do everything in its power to resolve it within seventy-two (72) hours of your initial contact. In the unlikely event you deem our solution unsatisfactory and your issue remains unsolved, our Customer Support Department will be happy to provide additional escalation paths for you, if needed.
Unauthorized Account Use
- Please note that a person who has enrolled in interactive gaming self-exclusion or has otherwise been excluded from interactive gaming activities, and individuals who are under the age of 21, shall not participate in interactive gaming or interactive gaming activities and will have their winnings forfeited and interactive gaming accounts suspended upon violation.
- Detecting unauthorized user of a player account
- We employ an in-house dedicated risk team to help safeguard all player account activity. This team is trained to detect and prevent potential fraud, and regularly reviews accounts for suspicious behavior. In an effort to prevent unauthorized account usage on your gaming account, please consider allowing log-in notifications, do not share your password with any family member or friend, and always remember to fully sign out of your gaming account after usage, and change your password frequently.
- You are prohibited from placing wagers on behalf of another person or allowing any other person to place wagers from or otherwise use your Account. You acknowledge that allowing another person, particularly a person who is under twenty-one (21) years of age, to participate in sports wagering and/or interactive gaming is a criminal offense, and any person who does so may be prohibited from interactive gaming, including online and retail sports wagering, in the state of Louisiana (among other potential penalties).
- In addition, you must protect the confidentiality and security of your Account, including, without limitation, your username and password and you further agree to safeguard your Account from any unauthorized use by other individuals. You must immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security by contacting Customer Service.
- From the Account Information section, players may review the transactional history of their account.
- Players may reset their password by selecting “Forgot Password” at the login screen. While logged in, players may change their password from the Account Information screen. Both options will require two-factor authentication.
- Players may opt for strong authentication at login by enabling “Secure Login” from the Login Security section of their Account Preferences.
- Terms & Conditions
- Federal Restrictions & Prohibitions
- There are several Federal laws, restrictions and prohibitions regarding Internet gaming which include, but are not limited to, 18 U.S.C. § 1084 et seq. (the "Wire Act") and 31 U.S.C. § 3163 through 3167 (the "Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act").
- It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of Louisiana to engage in Internet wagering through a Louisiana casino or Louisiana Internet gaming website.